5 Reasons You Must Eat Greens Everyday
The human body is largely composed of water and plant life. And when we think of plants, we often look to the fruit-bearing trees, the plums, apples, and oranges. But many greens also provide us with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients necessary for bodily function.
A diet full of carbohydrates like sugars will eventually lead to weight gain, which can have dire consequences on your health in the future. So here we are mentioning the benefits of eating green everyday so that you know why to eat greens every day.
Reasons you must know
1. Greens are rich in antioxidants:
The body needs antioxidants for the proper functioning of cells. The most common antioxidants present in green leafy vegetables are vitamin C and flavonoids. Blood vessels, lungs, liver, and skin have a higher concentration of these antioxidants than other organs; thus, they require more intake to regenerate faster and cope with the damage caused due to free radicals.
2. Green vegetables are good for the eyes: Vitamin A is an important nutrient required for the overall development and growth of the body, especially important for eyesight. When you eat collard greens, you can have betterment for your eyes. The green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, and collard greens, among others and protect your eyes against light-induced damage.
3. Green vegetables are good for heart health: A high intake of green vegetables is associated with better cardiovascular health. Leafy greens like spinach, broccoli, and spinach are the best vegetables to eat daily. They provide substantial amounts of the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin found in carrots, pumpkins, and squash, required to maintain a healthy cholesterol profile.
4. Green vegetables are rich in fiber: The high fiber content in green leafy vegetables is very good for the body since it helps in proper bowel movement and flushes toxins from the digestive system. Fiber also decreases cholesterol levels and prevents heart diseases by lowering blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
5. Green vegetables are good for bones: Calcium is necessary for the proper development of the body and is present in high amounts in green vegetables, especially in dark green vegetables like kale, turnip greens, and spinach. You should eat such greens every day as they are the best vegetables to eat to protect yourself from osteoporosis and other bone-related problems.
The benefits mentioned above are derived from a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, which are foods that we must regularly have. It would be easier to have them every day if we eat them cooked since a lot of nutrients are lost when they are consumed raw.